Is David Wolfe A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothes?

Is David Wolfe A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothes?

by Steve Prussack
Host of Raw Vegan Radio

There has been a lot talk in the Raw Food community about David Wolfe and his values.  For years he was recommending a raw vegan diet.  Lately, he has changed his tune.  He now recommends some animal products, such as deer antler, ants, and even deer placenta.

I had a rare opportunity to ask him about some of the claims that he is “in it for the money”.

Although we did not touch on raw vegan vs. including animal products in the diet, we did discuss his marketing and business practices.  Here is what David said, uncensored….let me know what you think about all of this…

Steve: There are some that say you are involved with this movement for the money. I want to know what you would say to those listeners with the supplements and things like that and what your thoughts are on that.

David Wolfe: Yeah, I mean, the first thing is when I got involved in this there was no money in raw foods. That is something that we have created by going out there and actually selling people on the idea of actually eating raw, organic, and natural foods and super foods versus everything else. This is a very very, important concept in the field of alternative health, natural health, and just kind of the whole consciousness that you and I say have come out of vegan, vegetarian, animal rights, etc. That we have got to get rid of poverty consciousness or we’re dead, we’re not going to make it.

David Wolfe: What that means is we have got to be strong enough to go out there and sell our ideas against Coca Cola, against McDonalds, against conventional food growers, against Monsanto. Meaning we have got to go out there and sell it. Some people say “Well, selling, that’s bad!” No, there’s something wrong with that and this is just some kind of trip that people make up in their own head in order to not succeed or not try.

David Wolfe: We went out there in the beginning, impossible odds that we could make anything happen with raw food and you see what has happened so far, but it ain’t even started yet. Now that we have the momentum going and, all of a sudden Hollywood is involved, and you see culturally it’s working its way into movies, now we’re going to start knocking the ball out of the park, now we’re really going to lay it on. It all begins with ‘we’ve got to get out of a poverty consciousness’ - God has created us and the planet has created us with the ability to create massive abundance for all, ourselves, other people, animals, plants, everything can be in massive abundance if we accept that that’s a possibility.

David Wolfe: Now we’ve been sold a scarcity consciousness model and it all comes down to “Oh, there’s only so much fuel, or there’s only so much of this, or there’s only so many people that can be fed”, that’s just completely nonsense. That’s all just made up. I highly recommend that anybody who is really serious about getting in control of their own consciousness start reading and learning and understanding the incredible litany of books, audio tapes, video tapes that America offers - which no other country offers - in the field of spirituality, self help, and success technology. Because those things can revolutionize your life, just as much as food can, but I do believe that food is the basic thing. It’s the major interconnection that we have with the planet, and if we’re still eating garbage, it doesn’t matter how many good things that we read or see or hear, we’re going to have to be battling that inner pain, you know the digestive distress or whatever.

So what do you think of David’s reply to this tough question?  I’d love to hear from you.

You can hear this full interview which addresses many other controversial topics here:  http://www.rawinterviews.com

Steve Prussack
Host of Raw Vegan Radio

Comments

comments

63 People have left comments on this post

» Candace said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:22 }

Wow, although he had quite a bit to say, he still didn’t answer your question. As I mentioned earlier, he has done nothing more for this movement other than waffle on his “beliefs” and is more concerned with profit rather than health. Hopefully, his fraudulent ways will continue being exposed and less sheeple will follow this “Wolfe.” Thank you for posting this interview!

» Chris said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:07 }

You started off by saying that David Wolfe used to recommend a raw vegan diet and now he is supporting animal products that he sells on his longevitywarehouse site. But this was not addressed in your question to him, thus he did not address it either. I would love to know why David Wolfe finds in necessary to sell animals products now and is not recommending a raw vegan diet anymore. With regard to the question you did ask him, he didn’t really answer that fully. Selling people on the idea of eating a raw diet is much different that selling supplements, powders, “superfoods” etc. Tim Van Orden says there are products and there is produce. You can’t make a lot of money off produce but you can with products. Where is the full interview? Do I have to pay for it?

» Rain said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 01:04:36 }

I think that David is a good guy. I don’t know why he is trying to sell animal products. I liked him better when he promoted health through plants. Show me a study where deer antlers or ants cured cancer… it is common sense that plants have the most nutrients. David Wolfe has great talent in speaking but I feel that a soul can never be pure when we are using animals as commodities. Just like if we use humans a slaves no matter how well you treat people that is not right. Animals are free to be and that is where they should remain. Money yes we all need to make a living. But better sell the truth than trying to come up with the latest greatest gimmick. We need real science backed up information. Real evidence of health and nutrition not great speeches. David search within yourself and come back to the raw vegan movement…
respect,
Rain

» Steve Prussack said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 01:04:32 }

While I understand what you are saying about the animal products, I was mentioning that as an example of what David is doing now, and focused this question on his intentions with selling supplements. I hope to have an opportunity to ask him about animal products and why he is not promoting them…that would make for a great new episode of Raw Vegan Radio…do you hear that Dave? Contact me at steve (@) rawveganradio.com and let’s set that up…the people want to know, and so do I…let’s do it.

» durianrider said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 02:04:48 }

DW didnt answer the question. He is a smart cat and knew what it was about. Of course there is nothing wrong with making a $ BUT when you sell people BS and tell them that ‘nothing will destroy your health faster than sweet fruit’ and you say ‘I have the secrets to longevity for 4000$ a month and its called TA65’, then of course we are gonna call DW up and ask him to explain his informercial huckster, snake oil ‘ you cant be a vegan cos you wont get enough, so dont be one AND buy my supps anyway..’

DW in it for the money? Heck yeah.
Sues like Monsanto? Definitely!
Pretends there is no healthy raw/vegans? All the time.

» Chantal said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 02:04:28 }

I completely agree with a lot of the comments that have already been made. The blurb at the beginning of this interview would suggest that it was meant to address the vegan question, but neither the question nor David Wolfe’s reply really cover it. Having said that, I definitely agree with what he said about breaking the “poverty mentality” when it comes to anything from raw food to holistic health. Just because you are making money out of something doesn’t make it evil. In fact, I support that he is making money by spreading raw foods and healthy living. We in the “alternative” community need to stop associating money with evil. Money can be used towards better ends and to personally maintain a comfortable living just as it can be used to manipulate and exploit, but there is nothing wrong with the first set of actions. Money is what we choose to make of it. He was clever enough to figure that out, and shouldn’t be punished for it. While I may not agree with some of David’s methods, I still very much applaud the message he’s making here… I just wish the original question had been addressed!

» Danielle Lemelin Herring said: { Apr 20, 2011 - 09:04:51 }

Hi Steve. Once again, thank you so much for this posting and your dedication! When I first started learning about this lifestyle I read a ton of books, video’s that were out there. One of the first books that I purchased was “The Sunfood Diet Success System”. David Wolfe is very knowledgeable and this book helped immensely with my transition into the Raw Vegan lifestyle. I must be honest and tell you that when I found out that he was promoting animal products, it left me feeling a little “betrayed” lol I don’t know why he feels the need to ‘sell’ something that doesn’t promote truth. Oh wait a minute…there is LOTS of $$ in it, isin’t there? I am sure that Mr. Wolfe is very aware that ingesting these products will not help someone cultivate a life of compassion and understanding. How can it, when we are ingesting dead vibrational energy of other sentient beings? How can these products promote health and longevity again??
That Vegan message aside….I am surprised that David stepped onto this path. Truth prevails, and I think that many of David’s followers ( like myself ) have been looking beyond now. I know that it must be really difficult to re-invent yourself in this industry to keep it fresh … but what he is failing to keep focused on is that the average person looks to the leaders to keep it real. I believe that David Wolfe is a business man but he is also very intelligent. My hope for David is that he will see that his knowledge is his greatest asset. People pay for truth not the truth that states its ok to consume animal products and gain great health and spirituality ~

» Rachell Woods said: { Apr 20, 2011 - 10:04:51 }
» Rawk 'N Roll said: { Apr 20, 2011 - 10:04:26 }

David is a con man, it’s that plain to see and runs in his family. His father was a Dr. that shot his mother twice in the head, his brother a lawyer that is also a criminal for defrauding the public. David alone has already plagiarized a book, and continues to sexually harass girls and women alike. He lies through his tongue, cons business partners, and now promotes animal products. What else more needs to be said.

» Kevin Gianni said: { Apr 20, 2011 - 10:04:53 }

I’d like to take a different perspective on this…

There are two people who have successfully been a massive gateway into the raw food world in the last 15 years or so. They have done it in a way that has allowed literally hundreds of thousands of people to be exposed to raw foods.

One is Victoria Boutenko. The other is David Wolfe.

I have deep respect for both because of the commitment they’ve made to bring this information to a wide range of people.

Victoria has done it through Green Smoothies and David, first through low fat, then through superfoods (which admittedly has a much larger reach.)

Without their influence, a good deal of people who are into raw foods now, may never had heard about the movement.

I may never had put on programs like the Rawkathon or the Raw Summit, if it weren’t for David’s influence (the first raw food audio I listened to was his.)

I also would not have been able to reach as many people with these programs if it wasn’t for his assistance in getting the word out.

Many of the leaders also need to give David credit as well. If I didn’t know about raw food, I would have never had learned about Doug Graham or Gabriel Cousens or anyone else in the movement. This means I never would have purchased their books or promoted their work for their benefit.

That’s a powerful contribution, don’t you think?

You may not agree with everything he says (there are some things that I clearly don’t) or may not like the fact that he makes money (he’s right about conscious people needing to amass wealth), but one thing he has done for sure is widen the pool so more people can get this information in a way that starts them on their path… wherever that may lead.

That’s worth respect and appreciation.

Live Awesome!
Kev

» Philip Madeley said: { Apr 20, 2011 - 11:04:16 }

AVOCADO RAWKS!

It is important to break out of poverty consciousness and step into one of abundance. Look around and see what is driving our world: Drug Stores, Fast Food, Medical Industry, Toxic Chemicals etc making billions of dollars. Thi…s is our opportunity to redirect this money and bring about abundance consciousness with a positive purpose. David gives people lots of choices and makes them available for the people.

The real costs of Drug Stores, Fast Food, Medical Industry, Toxic Chemicals are hidden from us by insurance companies and government subsidies.

When you buy a bag of goji berries you support small communities, can plant your own goji tree with the seeds and they have health benefits. Would it be ideal to live and eat only locally… of course and we are not there yet! The is the step that has a lot of power that is shifting consciousness and driving the economy in a different way… returning the power to the people and the farmers.

So many people are thriving (financially & health wise) off David Wolfe’s work and have only being turned on because of his immense abundance consciousness and passion to ignite the fire of raw foods, plant foods, herbs and natural living with millions around the world.

His work is profiting many people on many levels. What does he do with his time & energy & money… more research, more lectures around the world, the fruit tree planting foundation, driving his car through the night, staying up late answering peoples questions, writing books with awesome information, recording audio interviews… getting the message to the world more than any other health speaker…

I am fed up of the David Wolfe bashing… we have a lot bigger things to work on TOGETHER… Focus the good and if you do not like it… live and teach your own way with passion and fervor… that is what David does!

Lets focus on solutions to cleaning up our water, radiation, ending animal abuse… Think if we were all empowered and abundant what we could do with our wealth. Every penny we spend on organic food, superfoods, natural homes, eco technology is a penny NOT spent on big pharma, chemicals, radiation… etc

Much Love
Philip

» Chris said: { Apr 20, 2011 - 11:04:55 }

David Wolfe called vegans fascists to my face. But I’ve also heard him say he’s a vegan on the aware show. As far as I know he’s always used honey. Then I heard him say he eats ants sometimes if they get caught in his honey. Then some colostrum once in a while even though he can’t digest it, then some deer antler. And now he’s selling deer placenta and ant extract on longevitywarehouse.com He’s not really into the spiritual side of being vegan like Gabriel Cousens is. I’ve also heard that his first book Nature’s First Law was plagurized. And his other books were co-ghost written.

» Anthony Torres said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:09 }

Anthony wrote: “I feel David simply has a big blueprint for achievement and success and naturally does it big,.. in that a decent amount of money is generated through him in that process, money is always a major motivator for it represents the tangible results of your energy and ability yet I think in Davids case, and no harm or foul in this at all, his motivation may be visibility,.. being a Leo they have a bit of that going on,.. and more power to him,.. if he has a big blueprint for success and thrives and shines in the spot light and as well is doing something good for the planet,( aside from the nicky nack grievences about the animal products )then let him be and let him do his thing is my thought. I don’t know the whole history and don’t know the guy personally, just speaking from a stand point of subconscious behavoir and what may drive a person. Until he’s in bed with one of the major “death industries” I wouldn’t pelt him with judgement or attack personally”

» Wendy Hambel Wardrip said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:02 }

I realize there are people in the raw food movement that are now advocating some animal product, but I think deer placenta is a bit much. I do believe he is sincere, though I also agree he didn’t really address the issue. I still listen to him, but I don’t take everything he says as the gospel truth.

» Eileen Laurel said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:49 }

well, you asked him about being in it for th money. he did answer that. he’s not buying into poverty consciousness, nor does he want any of us to buy into that. doesn’t seem to be a bad thing that he’s selling ideas. he’s right about be…ing up against monsanto and coca cola. good that someone can create a stir towards organic fresh foods. our sad diets are making us sad and pathetic. maybe instead of asking about being in it for th money, you shd’ve asked him more directly about his new inclusion of animal foods and products in his pitch.

» Jenifer Arizaga said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:28 }

Hmmm, I get the whole scarcity mentality thing, and I believe it’s perfectly okay to make money doing something you love, like promoting raw foods, to some degree. However, doing so by promoting animal foods that may or may not be responsib…ly (and what does THAT even mean?) harvested, for lack of a better word, is the primary issue, in my opinion. He is making money, and like Madonna or anybody else, he has to keep re-inventing himself, promoting himself, and keeping people interested. I personally wouldn’t get bored with ‘just the same old same old’, but perhaps others would, hence the introduction of ants and placenta, antlers, and cacao, as well as hallucinogens. Money before ethics.

» Joe Best said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:15 }

Criticising others is teh easy route that leads nowhere. Building your own empire of good based around your own ideals is the hard route but leads to greatness.

» David Hartley said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:57 }

sounds like a good thing that ppl aren’t taking other ppl as “gospel truth.” And, not that anything else is “gospel truth” indigenous wisdom since forever, and TCM and Ayurveda (the two oldest, and arguably two of the most potent & holist…ic) medical systems include many medicinal recommendations as to limited consumption of various animal derived foods or medicines (such as antlers, etc.)
A vegan diet is in and of itself .. a form of health -therapy, great at cleansing, and possibly a viable lifelong diet for some ppl … many long-term vegans are abandoning the ‘ism’ and crafting diets for optimal health, while retaining the reverence for all life (remember, your wheat grass was just killed so that you could drink the nice green blood in it.) ♥

» Burke Bryant said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:52 }

Wolfe’s book, “Nature’s First Law,” was a work of plagiarism. He and his “co-authors” largely copied material from a book titled “Raw Eating” written by Aterhov, an Armenian man living in Iran in the 1960s. They added some of their words, s…ome slang and lyrics, and (as Frederic Patenaude correctly points out in his 2011 book, “Raw Controversies”) some of Hitler’s words, and published it on Hitler’s birthday (I didn’t know these details until after 2007). Wolfe used the book, “Nature’s First Law,” to present himself as the “world leader in raw food education,” to travel to many countries to give seminars as such, and to set up his company.

» Kara Lamb said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:26 }

I’m not so much interested in his philosophy towards materialism (I need to buy raw foods from someone!), as I am on the alleged stance he’s taking with consuming animal products you’ve mentioned above. I’d like to know from the horse’s mo…uth (himself, personally) - no pun intended - if he’s not ‘changed’ course and is recommending eating animals. His answer to that would say far more to me than the fact that he may or may not be in it for the money. :)

» Melanie Blake said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:14 }

Oh how disgusting. Our species will justify any behavior they want to, because they want to. We are a species of me, myself and I. If we want to eat animals, abuse animals, exploit them for our purpose we justify it just because we can. I loathe our species most of the time.

» London Elise said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:46 }

You rock Steve! Thanks for your response and clarification. Looking forward to what you share here!!! Keep kicking ass on sharing info that is hard to get hold of! and for giving us ALL a space to get educated. Super thankful for your program and for the discussions you moderate for everyone. Thank YOU! :)

» Joseph Severin Schurger said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 12:04:12 }

We have to keep in mind with what he does, to draw more people into eating a large portion of their diet being living foods, he has to provide things that would entice regular people into this genre by providing something that’s healthy alternative to SAD. Much like having Daniel Vitalis in the group. How many people does Daniel attract into the Living Foods worlds by being open to eating meat, that otherwise would totally ignore and scoff at raw vegans? There are millions of people that eat meat, and eat a SAD diet and won’t give it up, especially if we demean their way of life. So what better way to entice them in to a better lifestyle, by providing minor changes to their diets in the right direction, and not demeaning their way. We have to focus on the commonalities of various diets and ways of life, to bring people to a better way of life. It’s all about providing options to new people that want to be healthy, who don’t know where to begin and certainly are not ready to give up their old ways. Plus for him even to begin to compete with Monsanto, he must have the funds to protect himself from big pharma and to guide this movement forward into the mainstream. And on a side note, per an article of Gabriel Cousins on B12, ants or insects in general provide a decent source. Currently, besides eating meat or feces where B12 occurs as well, bugs are the next best low bad karma source, as most seaweeds and kelps do not provide enough b12 in a readily available form, and the only remaining option is taking a supplement, which may or may not be harder on the overall environment to produce.

» Steve Prussack said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 03:04:14 }

Thank you all for bringing to my attention the confusion with the opening of this article. I have revised it to read:

Although we did not touch on raw vegan vs. including animal products in the diet, we did discuss his marketing and business practices. Here is what David said, uncensored….let me know what you think about all of this…

I appreciate the feedback.

Steve Prussack

» Innes Park Ⓥ said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 06:04:27 }

The FDA are involved at this stage: “But suppose you were female and happened to drink a decoction made from young deer horn, you might end up with an overheated body and symptoms like insomnia, dizziness, irritability and mouth sores. So p…lease be careful when people suggest you try some Chinese medicinal herb, saying that it has worked for them: It may not necessarily work for you or your particular condition. The way to be sure is to consult a qualified traditional Chinese doctor and have him or her prescribe the herb that best suits you and your condition.”

» Bonnie Carney said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 06:04:59 }

Bravo for those who bring forth information, products and services for us to make choices on, and to offer our opinion on. Choice = freedom. Thanks for the post, Steven! :)

» Jennifer Anderson said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 06:04:03 }

Not understanding why we need large sums of money for abundance. Isn’t the abundance in nature, connection between humans, and in connection to spirit? Not seeing why we need more than simple shelter, earth beneath our feet, and the freedo…m to grow abundant food. I highly recommend the book Radical Simplicity and the documentary Radically Simple. How to live equitably with our finite resources and with fairness for all humans on the planet, in natural and rich abundance. Replenishing the Earth.

Love and Light,
Peace Song

» Sandi Kay Butcher said: { Apr 21, 2011 - 06:04:41 }

Seemed like he totally ditched the question and started talking about….whatever he wanted…..is he on something?

» Dimitri Snowden said: { Apr 22, 2011 - 11:04:25 }

I agree with Bonnie Carney, choice=freedom. Everyone has a choice, and it’s important to share information, and let people make decisions or choices for themselves. David Wolfe isn’t “fooling” anyone. He has made his choice, and every individual needs to make theirs. And who is to say someone’s choice is right or wrong? All we can do is live according to what we believe is right, and hope (and show, not tell or demand) others will do the same…

-Dimitri Snowden

» Ken said: { Apr 22, 2011 - 08:04:59 }

Well…David was inspiring to me back when I became a vegan and then a live foodist. His book, the Sunfood Diet Success System, was instrumental in my transition. However, I am deeply saddened that he is moving away from live vegan food and recommending all of these animal products, some of which cannot be obtained without harm to animals. He is becoming too technical, focusing too much on chemicals and stimulants, animal products, and whatever fad will provide attention and profit. He is being tainted by the likes of Western doctors who are influencing him towards animal products and chemical supplements. It’s just sad. The problem is, his commitment to this path is not spiritual enough…it’s more akin to admiration of and desire for the longevity and health benefits. He’s very practical, like a Taoist, and not very deep, like a Buddhist. He is what he is. As he changes, my affinity for him adjusts. He is coming to my state to sponsor a chocolate and kombucha party. To me, that’s not what eating live vegan food is all about. That’s just junk, stimulants, like partying using live foods. Personally, I’m holding a space for him to return to his path…and leave the specters of his Western doctor parents behind for good. C’mon Dave…STAND for something. It’s not about the money…and no matter how long you live, you can’t take it with you.

» Richard "Raw" Tasca said: { Apr 22, 2011 - 10:04:58 }

The exploitation of animals for profit has powerful negative karmic consequences. It is unconscionable.

It is not surprising given the vagaries of human life that so many have strayed so far from the original vision in which we established the Raw Foods Revolution almost forty years ago. We are entirely aware that people seek profit and fame. Also that many have pursued false and erroneous ideas about a raw foods diet that are entirely unfounded.

We are pleased that we are still able to present, free of charge to everyone, all the healing and health protocols which we have worked diligently to establish clinically and scientifically on the Events page of one of our websites: http://www.facebook.com/Richardraw. Also, the classic written work in which the raw vegan movement was established and defined is still available at http://www.survivalinthe21stcentury.com.

All blessings and best health to everyone.

» Dallas said: { Apr 23, 2011 - 06:04:35 }

I would like to hear this interview like all of the rest on this site. I would also like to know which interview he mentions deer placenta. I have never heard him mention it. He answers questions about animal products and his personal diet in one of the last interviews on the best day ever podcast. Check it out its free. And those bashing him I would rather some one be selling me some of the healthiest stuff than most of the crap that is out there. Everyone has to make a living. How many people out there criticizing have a Masters degree in vegan and live food nutrition as David does? Or even training in TCM or Ayurveda? Every thing I have heard him say has been logical. The best thing I have heard said in all the interviews is from Dr. Cousens ” Eat according to your purpose”. Good Day!

» Steve Prussack said: { Apr 23, 2011 - 11:04:25 }

I’ve requested an interview with David Wolfe and want to talk about these issues with him…He has been on my show several times. His assistant told me she would see if David has time for this, and also mentioned that David is “raw vegan”, just for the record……

» Jennifer said: { Apr 23, 2011 - 09:04:13 }

Exposing it is a responsibility in a time of deception. A friend who was able to see DW up close, agreed that he was business-minded FIRST, and little heart. It was tough to accept, but that was when we both stepped away. I’m all for allowing people to change, but from what I have seen through the years, he does not get my vote or trust…nor will I be consuming animal products.

» Pine Pollen said: { Apr 24, 2011 - 03:04:22 }

I’d have to agree with Kevin Gianni, although I may not agree with everything David says or does, I do to thank him for bring raw foods to where it is now.

» Patrick Arden McNally said: { Apr 24, 2011 - 10:04:22 }

David Wolfe is an amazing teacher. And you can say what you will about his business practices, but read the Sunfood Diet Success System. This isn’t some guy who’s watched youtube videos and considers himself an expert. He’s done the reasearch. He has a master’s in nutrition. He’s been raw for something like 19 years now. He doesn’t and hasn’t called himself a vegan in at least 5 or 6 years. He calls him self a raw vegetarian.

I personally am vegan + bee products and will continue to stay that way. but this guy has contributed so much to the Raw Food community and I think rather than judging him, we should all be giving him our grattitude for bringing this culture to the Light and sharing his wisdom with all of us.

Blessings on you all,
-Patrick

» Robyn Openshaw ("GreenSmoothieGirl") said: { Apr 25, 2011 - 10:04:53 }

It’s worthwhile to discuss whether or not deer antlers are good for you, or whether their use makes us harm animals, but it’s not useful to try to ascertain what David Wolfe’s motives are or malign his character. If he sells something we don’t want, we don’t have to buy it. Virtually everyone in this space says things that are controversial-and even when you dig to the very bottom of an issue (oxalates, friend or foe? is raw vegan the best diet? is eating honey an affront to vegans? on and on), you often still don’t know the truth for certain and simply have to take a stand.

I think raising consciousness about living low on the food chain for nearly 20 years is very valuable to this world. When I asked what he would like me to say to introduce him, his assistant’s first and only answer, with David sitting next to her, was, “Please mention his fruit tree planting foundation.”

If he is successful at his foundation’s efforts, the world will be so tremendously blessed.

Robyn Openshaw
(GreenSmoothieGirl)

» Dwayne said: { Apr 26, 2011 - 04:04:39 }

It has always been my understanding that David has never advocated that a raw vegan diet was either Necessary (with a capital ‘N’), nor ultimately productive. That meaning, I have heard him say more than once that his reasons for eating vegan are not based in some scientific reality which suggests its the healthiest option; rather, he believes (an remember how much he LOVES honey) that it is MORE likely Humans are omnivores. That being said, he also recommends that at this point in our bio-social development we have spent all of our karma chips on bad practices and now have been reduced to to ethical move of going vegan. Does he like money? I think he like success, which consequently is measured in currency. Is there anything wrong with that? We all need a job right? Anyhow, as for the animal thing, David’s main concern is optimal living, i.e. optimal *human* living, and if that means one eats ormus or antlers to staty healthy and see this enterprise through than it doesn’t surprise me that he’s willing to give them a try.

» Erin said: { Jun 1, 2011 - 11:06:38 }

Western medicine has never promoted antler placenta so can we please stop blaming everything on Western medicine and Monsanto both of which have nothing to do with David’s new direction? Besides it’s Eastern medicine that promotes exotic animal parts as medicine. David Wolfe is probably just catering to a growing market of higher protein, lower carbohydrate consumers. Granted I myself would never use any of those products but then I’m not trying to make a living catering to raw food vegans who can be difficult to please and are often broke. Besides many of these raw vegan gurus like David Wolfe have never been vegan anyway. I spent time with two very high profile supposed raw vegans who to my surprise ate beef broth and rice and beans cooked in lard at the restaurant we were at with no remorse at all as if they did it all the time. There has always been a great deal of controversy surrounding just how vegan these gurus really are and some like David Wolfe have never been vegan. The lesson here is don’t follow gurus, be your own guru.

» BethBastion said: { Jun 4, 2011 - 07:06:02 }

The issue I have with David Wolfe is that he is selling both animal and non-raw products. How does that fit into the raw vegan/vegetarian lifestyle? It seems he is trying to lead people away from that in order to make a buck. And I have to ask why any raw fooder would support that? Animal eaters are a dime a dozen, nothing new or profound there and there are lots of qualified gurus out there you can consult for that. And if I were to go that route I would be eating local grass fed beef or raw milk or some other real food, certainly not deer placenta out of a bottle of which the thought of just really grosses me out. What proof or studies can justify anyone paying for these products when we already know that fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, and herbs are already the mainstay of any healthy diet?

» luckitri said: { Jul 11, 2011 - 11:07:19 }

I don’t like David Wolfe. For that matter I don’t care much for Dr. Gabriel Cousins or Kevin Gianni either. I can find fault with most of the raw leaders easily. So what? The question is insulting. Personally I would have just said forget about it and never have bothered with any of you. So yes he went sideways like a lawyer politician but I agree with him wholeheartedly with what he said and I find his answer to be consistent with what he has done and who he has represented himself to be so - like he said - there was no money in it and yes, he has put a lot of hard work and you are so insulting to ask such a question? What is wrong with you? He is a human being. He has needs. Put your expectations in God and use religious reference for your eating if you need so much guidance - there is no infallible human to fill your need.

» Cat Nagle said: { May 6, 2012 - 08:05:15 }

David Wolfe is in my opinion,one of the greatest gifts to my generation. I moved to Sedona Az in 2000 , there i became involved with raw foods and It was when David’sfirst book came out, “Natures first Law”. It was amazing . I learned so much from David and his Journey. He is one of the most brilliant men of our time. I admire his passion but also his positive vibrant energy. He is clearly in tune with nature. I admire him very much.

» Aaron said: { Jun 7, 2012 - 01:06:58 }

David wolfe is a charlatan, a snake-oil salesman, plain and simple. I think he just got bored with vegans and the entire vegan movement and saw more opportunity selling bizarre animal products. He was influenced by people who were doing something different and he jumped on the bandwagon in hopes that it would yield more profits. I perssonally think that he was desparate after what happened with Sunfood and that had a lot to do with his change of direction. He is not practicing his spiritual or wellness beliefs these days, just pretty much dedicated to whatever brings him the almighty dollar.

» Matt said: { Jul 8, 2012 - 07:07:47 }

Excuse me Candace but he answered the question in the very first sentence.

» John S said: { Aug 18, 2012 - 01:08:18 }

WTF? Is Wolfe a Republican? He should know better, it is true! there is a scarcity problem, there is too many people on the planet, mother earth is out of balance and praying will not help. There is no new technology that will save us, only marketers like David Wolfe trying to convince us that this super food or wind generator is better than all the others. Wind and Solar won’t save us. Wind and solar is basically the same technology now as it was 30 years ago, ask someone like me, who lives off grid, who like most people off grid has a gas generator and a propane fridge. Nobody lives off grid without fossil fuel, unless you give up all creature comforts. Either will clear cutting the amazon to grow super foods and shipping them to USA. You think Americans are going to write books that will help? The American way of life got all of us into this mess in the first place. You are not going to change Monsanto by eating raw foods. If they start loosing sales they will just start buying up the raw food companies. Stop eating packaged crap and Go to farmers markets and local food from local farmers.

» pat said: { Aug 29, 2012 - 02:08:41 }

Deer antlers and ants,,,come on. what a joke.
David also looks like crap these days he does not look healthy.
Leave the deer alone and you might get your audience back.
ants,,, geesh

» Mark said: { Jun 23, 2013 - 09:06:48 }

Monsanto and Coca Cola and MacDonalds agree with David… We dont want to be in poverty consciousness..The US miiltary is not into poverty either Abundance!!! Trillions …to be exact… Buy with a credit card and have it shipped.. from the whorehouse whoops warehouse that is via the oil industry and pretroleum and shipping industry and get it fresh from Ecuador and Peru and China… Dont plant foods and fruit trees and grow local that is poverty… Cut off those deer antlers violently since you dont have enough testostrone of your own.. … Tell us we need to know what a culture said 3000 years ago not now.. Thats abundance. Dont grow your own spirulina in a tank or jar dont be in poverty consciousness and develop a relationship with nature and harvest from her own ABUNDANCE.
David has redefined the field.. For 400 years caao has been associated with slavery in central and south america (the Spanish The english and the portugese)

the Emperor has no clothes.

» Mark said: { Jun 23, 2013 - 09:06:08 }

Since David is into Abundace he can divert funds from his offshore accounts and his LLC’s managed by his lawyer…. not in his name though that would cause enough abundance to pay taxes. And David is su Abundant he dontates none of his money to good causes… Abundance redefined Nice move Change terms and all is well.

» Steve said: { Jun 26, 2013 - 02:06:53 }

I don’t understand why people are so infuriated or feel conned by David making an excellent living from what he is doing. There are quite literally hundreds of You Tube videos for free where you can take his information. Information that is actually years worth of his time and effort. Do any of the haters give as much time giving criticism to the very few companies who are making Billions at the expense of our health and the health of our planet? What an extraordinary situation. If one feels conned, don’t buy from him. I have found it more financially viable to shop elsewhere, to spread the wealth around! Is it wrong that I make a living from Yoga? To be militant in ones personal views on diet hints at insanity!, It is as laudable as Religions fighting each other about whose God is better. We are all evolving, certainly it is clear that the old argument that we evolved as ‘raw food vegans’ is historically incorrect (I was in this camp for 10 years) There is no right way. Diet is personal, cultural…..try following Doug Graham’s diet as an Inuit. David always talked about herbs, the fact that these now include Ancient knowledge from vastly intelligent cultures shouldn’t really be offensive.
I helped out at many of David’s conferences in Holland. He always told us to take the information from people who looked like they were receiving results. This is my only bone of contention. Why, for example, after many many years of a highly mineralised diet is his beard greying? Grey hair is a sign of lack of copper, zinc, iron, vitamins A and B. it can also be a sign of weak arterial walls which can eventually lead to aneurism and even strokes. And even without much exercise his super liquid, super food, super tonic herb lifestyle ( a way of life That I personally Love) isn’t neccesarily giving him the physical results that many would attribute to super health. I didn’t mean that to sound so damning! If anyone has a reasonable answer, without hatred!, I would Love to know.

» Myrt Geoghegan said: { Jul 23, 2013 - 11:07:01 }

I feel (and I believe others do as well) that David has betrayed a community, NOT because he wants to make money, we all do. But because he is promoting the harm of animals. I was horrified to find the Vanilla Shake at the Longevity Warehouse contains: “Longevity Warehouse® Colostrum Powder…… collected from Midwestern Dairies during the first six hours after calving. This is called the First Milking Colostrum. ”
I am saddened and disgusted that anyone condones, participates in, and supports, not to mention profits from enslaving living, feeling cows, imprisoning them, raping them, stealing their babies and their babies’ milk — for what? It can only be for money. David knows it is not only unnecessary for human health but DETRIMENTAL to it! The anger is that money became more important than the values he previously espoused. We trusted him and others to give us HEALTHY information. And we believed he believed in justice, kindness, mercy and eventual salvation of this earth. This is the horror.

» chris said: { Sep 14, 2013 - 05:09:47 }

Give me a break! He answered the question, folks. Just read it closely. He continually tells people to do their own research about each product, and not take his word for it. I agree with him when he says that people hate on him for what he’s done as an excuse to not get off their butts and do something great like he has done. I think all you haters avoided addressing his greats points about the governmental indoctrination of our current life-shortening dietary regiments. He’s a hero in my eyes for what he’s done, why can’t he make money at it? Do you realize we wouldn’t even have access to goji berries if it weren’t for him introducing them into the U.S.?! If you dont like his prices, go through the work he has and sell these products for less! Of course you won’t, because you’re lazy and probably fat, and bitter about how easy he makes it to be healthy, fit, and happy.

» JoAnn Fox said: { Nov 11, 2013 - 01:11:13 }

Thank God for people like David who is forever researching with new ideas, health-giving products, etc. I have learned a lot in reading and practicing what he practices and preaches. There only needs to be more “Davids” to make this a healthier environment to live in. Go for it, David, keep doing what you’re doing!!

» coach outlet factory online store said: { Jan 7, 2014 - 03:01:07 }

conversation on the topic of this article here at this weblog, I have
read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.|
I am sure this post has touched all the internet viewers, its really really fastidious article on building
up new webpage.|
Wow, this paragraph is nice, my sister is analyzing these
things, thus I am going to convey her.|
bookmarked!!, I like your blog!|
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you

coach outlet factory online store

» Anna F. said: { Mar 17, 2014 - 12:03:07 }

Thank you for the article, and all your hard work. Wolf is a talkative little guy isn’t he. His talent for obfuscation is well honed. Do you think it is because he gets asked these questions alot ;)? His well rehearsed non-response reads like a self justification manifesto. Personally, I feel there is nothing wrong with making money, but there are many ways to do it without;

-Being predatory and sleazy=Try calling one of the hot lines to order his…items, listen to the sales operators using the age old “easy monthly payment” schemes with never ending “today special gift” add-ons that mount the bill without disclosing your overall cost/his round the clock infomercials/partnerships with entities such as Walmart & Kmart rather than innovative business’ because they pay him higher percentage of sales, not because they do good work.
-Lowing your character=by lowering your level of excellence in what you produce, be it a product or message, which if you have ever tried one of his little “Nutribullets” you would see what I mean. I wanted to try it out, it broke after one month, p.s. I am not alone apparently.
-Being greedy=creating lowest ranking quality products for highest monetary gain & promoting items that actually cause hardship to the planet and people ie: items that break down within months of purchase & are essentially plastic land fill; and unsustainable food choices takes resources and livelihoods away from other beings/let’s not kid ourselves, this item is made in china at an extremely low manufacturing cost, and is likely made by an exploited work force.

He wanted mass appeal, well now he is a dime a dozen. People like this try to stand for everything in order to make money, and end up standing for nothing. Thanks again, much gratitude.

» ให้นม said: { Jul 3, 2014 - 02:07:00 }

Great article! We are linking to this great post on our website.
Keep up the great writing.

» Kitty said: { Jul 7, 2014 - 03:07:52 }

It’s hard to find your posts in google. I found it on 19 spot,
you should build quality backlinks , it will help you to increase traffic.
I know how to help you, just type in google - k2 seo tricks

» Adam said: { Aug 27, 2014 - 09:08:39 }

I’ve learnt more than one amazing eye-opening fact from David Wolfe (like first hearing about biological transmutation, from his mouth, not someone else’s), without paying him a single cent in the process.

That alone makes it pretty pointless to try and character assassinate him! No one’s perfect! Neither is Mike Adams too, he is quite self-serving (to the extreme) from time to time too! Yet I’m still a big fan / appreciator of his work!

It doesn’t mean they still don’t do good work.

Like someone said above, no human is perfect, and none of us are either! Just take what’s useful from (flawed) characters out there, be thankful, and move on! Just appreciate the free information they’re giving you, maybe thank them in the comments if you have a scrap of decency or gratitude for a second, and go on to the next webpage! :) Easy!

» ABC102D said: { Sep 12, 2014 - 03:09:52 }

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your posts.

Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?

Many thanks! - ABC102D.

» Parthenia said: { Sep 30, 2014 - 05:09:39 }

Wow, amazing blog structure! How long have you ever been blogging for?
you make running a blog look easy. The overall look of your site is great,
let alone the content material!

» Es said: { Apr 7, 2015 - 05:04:13 }

The problem is that people idolise and worship him. That is bad for people with gigantic ego like him.
Why are people always looking for the next saviour?
His info is legit. Leave it at that. Just take in the info and the healthy food and stop projecting your needs for a hero, saviour messias on mere mortals.

» nate said: { Jun 17, 2015 - 02:06:25 }

I can’t get past the fact he stole that guys book not sure why you all DW lovers are just ignoring it like “oh well everyone has to make money” lol

» Nancy said: { Jun 23, 2015 - 06:06:26 }

Well, I think he puts his name and face on some questionable products. He sells a protein powder that contains “chocolate flavor powder”. What is that? And why not use the real deal - raw chocolate? He also sells an additive for coffee that is supposedly made of mushrooms but if you read the fine print of the ingredients it is essentially sugar. All these supposedly “raw food” products seem to be becoming just as processed and crappy for you as ovaltine or pop tarts. I think he started out with a good message and now he is so rich he probably isn’t even aware of some of the crap that his name and face are used to sell because he likely doesn’t have time to investigate all of it…..

» certified trainer said: { Jul 16, 2015 - 03:07:39 }

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching
for personalfitnesstrainer