March 26, 2007

Juiceman Image
On today’s show, we feature an exclusive interview with the father of juicing and raw foods, Jay Kordich, The Juiceman

Jay Kordich is an advocate of health through the consumption of raw foods. He is the creator of the Juiceman and responsible for bringing juicing to America through television, based on sixty years of dedication, and is the direct protege of Dr. Norman W. Walker and Dr. Max Gerson, the doctors who brought the concept of juicing to the world.

In 1948, Jay “The Juiceman” Kordich contracted bladder cancer at twenty-five. A world class athlete and football star at USC, Jay travelled across the United States to New York City to get well by world-renowned medical doctor, Dr. Max Gerson, who helped Jay cure himself of bladder cancer through an all-juice diet . As a result, Jay’s life took a drastic turn for the better within only three months.

In 1989, Jay started his national television career, making appearances with his juicer, and by the end of 1990, Jay Kordich and juicing were widely known. His award winning infomercials aired for over thirteen years.

Jay Kordich placed the “Juiceman” name onto his own Juicers, which included the Juiceman, Juiceman II, and Juiceman Jr., which were priced competitively, and made available to consumers through infomericals, catalogs, and retail in the 1980s and 90′s.

His book, The Juiceman’s Power of Juicing reached #1 on the New York Time’s Best Seller List, selling over two million copies.

The Juiceman line of juicers are now being distributed by Salton, Inc. and are no longer endorsed by Kordich.

His second book, this time, co-written with his wife, Linda Kordich is entitled: Live Foods Live Bodies (complete raw food preparation book).

Thank you to our sponsor, (877) My Juicer.com. For a special Raw Vegan Radio listener discount, click on the link in the sponsor area. Remember, they offer 100% money-back guarantee on all their juicers and raw food kitchen supplies. Not sure if you want that particular juicer? Try it..if you don’t like it, they will return your money, no questions asked.

Comments

12 Responses to “Episode 0032-Raw Vegan Radio- Raw and Juicing For Life with The Juiceman Jay Kordich”

1. Ms. Powers on October 4th, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi thank you for this website, I am happy I found it adding it to my favorites to share with others!!!!!!!!!!

2. Cherie on October 4th, 2007 4:52 pm

I enjoy your podcast. Loved the Juiceman interview.
    I am disappointed that the Lori person will be doing some of your shows. Her nasal, high voice and new agey chatter got on my very last nerve

3. Kara on October 4th, 2007 4:53 pm

I’m a teenager and more teens need to hear this because teens are becoming overweight and obsesity levels in america is becomming unpresidented. If America went raw vegan there wouldn’t be a need for anitdepressents and other drugs. I’m glad that there is a radio station that tells how people can be truely healthy.

4. Gerald and Ryan on October 4th, 2007 4:53 pm

wow- great interview. I think this was one of the best. I was not very aware of the juiceman before this- I had read some walker and watched the gerson miracle, and bernard jensen, another juice advocate. But I really loved his high energy and enthusiasm and he is inspiring above all things. He doesn’t come with any pretension or baggage, he is just enthusiastic and high energy and inspiring. so thanks for this interivew.

5. Roland Sullivan on October 4th, 2007 4:53 pm

well… i really enjoyed the juiceman interview. a little history. i started being raw all summers starting in 1970 to 1977. i am a disciple of sivananda yoga since 1962. One day in the 70′s i was driving and i heard this man on the radio with just an incrediable energy. It was the Juiceman. He was in town and doing one of his demonstrations. It was at a major hotel. i bet there were 1,000 people in the room. i got there a bit late. there were no seats left so i went right down front and sat on the floor. He inspired me so. i bought his juicer. i then bought the expensive walker juice and then eventurally the green power juicer. juicing thanks to jay has been a significant part ofmy life. i even had his special bag so i could carry the juicer on airplanes. i traveled with it around the world. Here is the result.. i am a full blown yogi… i did a 37 day water and pranayama fast under the direction of swami vishnu-devananda. i hit the ecstasy. i live in will call ecstasy. so here is my point.. eating fresh is only 5% of my obsession. Only small part of living right. the rest involves 4 hrs of pranayama per day. hours of mediation. hours of work. hours of hatha yoga and steam baths and hot tubs. and a life style of postive thinking. best to all of you.. when ihave time i will be staring u tube presentations of the works of sivananda. he wrote his 300 yoga books in english because he knew that the west would have the souls that will be most becoming enlightened as we enter the age of acquarius. juicing will is one of the key strategies in hitting the higher s tates of consciousness. oh.. sivananda has the most downloaded book in the history of the internet… just google “sivananda kundalini yoga” and obtain your copy free. so thanks for bringing jay to us.. he re-inspired me to stay as pure as i can.

roland sullivan

6. Cristi Handevidt on March 2nd, 2008 3:34 pm

I just started juicing recently after not juicing for many years. The first week or two I noticed that I was experiencing jont pain that I did not previously have. It seems to have subsided but I’m wondering what that could be attributed to….is it part of the detoxification process that happens when you’re juicing or is this not really typical. I’m also trying to find a replacement blade basket for my Juiceman professional series 210. I’ve had it for years and can’t seem to figure out where to get one. On line I am directed to several sites but no one has them. Is my jusicer too old to replace the basket now? I absolutely love your book!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

7. Lupe on September 30th, 2008 10:57 am

Whatever Happened to Jay Kordich, is he still alive? You go to his website and it is inactive or the page is not displayed. Why doesn’t he endorse his juicer. The Salton juicer isn’t even endorsed they just sell it so how do we know it is better then the old company that made it.

8. How “Juiceman” Jay Kordich beat cancer: The “I beat cancer” story the medical establishment doesn’t want you to know about « DC: Infowarrior and Xubuntuphile on December 16th, 2008 1:23 pm

[...] hear an interview with Jay Kordich, visit Raw Vegan Radio. Unfortunately, the episode is for premium members only, so you will have to pay to listen to it. [...]

9. kevin beucler on December 17th, 2008 11:28 am

is jay kordich still living, if so what is his age and health condition?

10. Jay Kordich on February 13th, 2009 11:27 pm

Jay Kordich is very much alive. Go to my web site and check it out. Healthy Living!

11. Michelle on July 30th, 2009 11:49 pm

Some one spoke of some kind of mixture to drink/take to help those suffering of Adult/ADD, helping them to focus, block out distractions, etc. any clues?

For Cristi Handevidt on March 2nd, 2008, looking for a part to replace in her juicer. I got my juiceman at Sears on clearance for $6. Yea, $6. I work there and see what goes on clearance, sometimes before customers do. Try http://www.sears.com/parts I’ve just started using in and learning more about it. Though mine didn’t come with a manual. Do you know where I can get one?

12. sandrar on September 10th, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. :) Cheers! Sandra. R.

Got something to say?

• Raw Vegan Radio Recommended!

Free ebook
  • Healthy Raw Food For Kids!

Monkey Mike