Are Cell Phones Safe? (Episode 45)

December 22, 2007

icon for podpress  Standard Podcast [27:58m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download

no cell phones

Our holiday episode of Raw Vegan Radio features an exclusive interview with the director of the Cell Phone Radiation News Bureau, Shelly Kalnitsky.

You’ll learn about the dangers of cell phone use based on research big business does not want you to know! Which cell phones are safer than others? What can you to do protect yourself and your family? This holiday edition of Raw Vegan Radio offers special discounts to give you the tools to improve your health. One of our most important interviews of the year, not to be missed!

Links from today’s show:
CNET Radiation Cell Phone Reviews

Safe Cell Phone Use Tools

Comments

6 Responses to “Are Cell Phones Safe? (Episode 45)”

1. John on December 24th, 2007 7:15 pm

I have long been suspicious of cell phone and cordless phones, the guest has said a number of things that simply don’t add up. I am an electrical engineer who works in RF.

One was cordless phones have gone from 200 MHz of radio waves to 900 MHz of microwaves with “5.8 gigs of power”. Cordless phones started out just above the AM band around 1700 kHz. They later moved into the 46 and 49 MHz range. Today’s cordless phones are 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz. Microwave ovens do in fact operate around 2.4 GHz, but had considerably higher power than even the most power cordless phones. “5.8 gigs of power” would be 58,000 times more powerful than the most powerful FM stations in the United States.

I understand how Bluetooth headsets are just as dangerous as cell phones, but I don’t see how wired headsets pose a danger.

Again, I am very suspicious of the cell phone industry and I do believe information is being kept from us. However, when others get on the radio or podcasts and don’t fully understand what they’re talking about, it only plays into the hands of the cell phone industry.

2. John on December 24th, 2007 7:42 pm

The guest mentioned bee colonies being affected by cell phone towers. This has been proven absolutely false. The “study” was actually mistranslated from German into English. Researchers in a German speaking country (Germany or Austria, I forget which) placed a cordless phone inside a beehive which caused the bees to leave. Somehow that morphed into cell phone towers are killing bees.

I really wish people would stick to facts. If I didn’t know better I would say the guest is a cell phone lobby plant to make us look like wingnuts.

3. Steve Prussack on December 24th, 2007 7:46 pm

Interesting John..I would like to read more studies to back up the information you are disputing…regardless, I personally don’t think cell phones are safe…and feel better using products that put wires right into my ear drum.

4. Shelly Kalnitsky on December 27th, 2007 1:26 pm

Hello John,thank you for your comments about cell phone radiation. I am not an engineer so you know details better than I do.Other people who are involved with EMF, microwave towers and signals told me what I repeated on the radio show.As for bee colonies bieng affected by EMF I reported a study that was sent to me As well on the TV show, The View, they also talked about EMF affecting the Bee colonies. The most powerful consumer protection group in England filed a report on the danger of wired headsets as being 3 x more dangerous than just putting the cell phone to your ear. As you mentioned cordless phones have grown from radio waves to microwaves thus posing potential health threats to users,Wired home phones are safe. There is no absolute proof that cell andcordless phones cause health problems but the evidence is growing.Waveshield is a proven and tested product that reduces the potential health risk.Why take a chance?

5. anonymous on December 28th, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi John,

I noticed the MHz and “gigs of power” gaffes of Mr. Kalnitsky as well, and appreciate you pointing them out and discussing them. I am a physics professor, but I don’t think you need to be a professor or an electrical engineer to properly discuss the frequency of electromagnetic radiation and its power, especially if you are presenting yourself as an expert on cell phone radiation.

I too distrust cell phones, and only use mine for emergencies.

Thanks, John, for your intelligent comment.

6. Anonymous on March 8th, 2008 11:36 pm

free car quote

Excellent post. Keep it up!

Got something to say?